Here is video how VU-meter looks with audio.
Large VU-meter with ten mains powered LED-lamps. Lamps are bought from Clas Ohlson. They are fitted in Ikea Vidja lamp body. Control unit is fitted on bottom of Vidjas center pole.
And with audio signal it looks very nice. 🙂
Working (small scale) circuit for Large VU-meter. Now I’m going to make first large scale prototype.
All parts except relays can be found on www.taydaelectronics.com. Relays are changeable to different ones.
- R1, R2, R3, R5, 10k resistor
- R4, 1.5k resistor
- R6, 100k resistor
- RV1, 50k linear potentiometer
- C1, C2, 100nF ceramic disc capacitor
- Q1, BC547 or 2N3904
- U1, LM3915 or LM3914 Dot/Bar Display Driver ic
- 18 pin DIP ic socket
- RL1-RL10 – G3MB-202P-5VDC